1. Never trick yourself into thinking that purchasing a Smart car will somehow increase your odds of finding parking – it will actually only encourage you to park even more illegally and absurdly than before.
2. Make life interesting and try to order something other than a Spritz at your next aperitivo. Martini Royale, anyone?
3. Realize that you will never fully make sense of the Italian political system, or the university one, for that matter (wait, you’re 28 and have how many exams to pass before you graduate?).
4. Embrace the insanity. Rome is a chaotic, frenzied place that sometimes seems out of control. Keep your cool and go with the flow when things don’t go the way you’d expect (or the way any reasonable human being would expect).
5. If you don’t already have one, find a friend with a Vespa who’ll regularly take you on a “tour…
View original post 168 more words