While strolling through the Piazza Navona one summer evening with a gelato in hand, I thought of all the reasons why this particular place holds such an attraction for me. The atmosphere after dark is especially inviting.
I made a mental list of all the things I love about Piazza Navona ~
1. The long and lovely string of restaurants and cafes that line the perimeter, providing excellent seating for people-watching while enjoying a caffe or vino with snacks. I love the low hum of human voices accentuated by spurts of laughter.
2. Street performers, musicians and artists showing off their talents with gusto.
3. Romance, romance, romance…need I say more?
4. Three huge exotic fountains with stunning baroque sculptures which light up at night from underwater lights ~
– Bernini’s “Fountain of the Four Rivers” with the…
View original post 235 more words